Puppy Foundation Training
Since your puppy is growing and developing at a very fast pace, the training program should begin once they arrive in your home. Our vision at Pam4Paws is to help new puppy parents achieve the dog of their dreams. A puppy that is leisurely strolling beside you, vs pulling you down the street, sitting calmly at your feet at an outdoor cafe, vs reacting to every person or dog that passes by, or greeting strangers and guests without jumping on them. Steps need to be taken to make sure your pup is on the right track. We will teach you how to train your puppy the proper way from the start.
Your puppy will be taught common commands, such as
• Puppy Pushups (sit, stand, and down
• Look at me
• Come Touch
• Leave it
• Up and Off
• Go to your Mat
• Loose Leash Walking
• No Door Dashing
• Greeting Strangers Politely
• Outdoor Long Line Work
• Go get it, take it, bring it and drop it (Fetch)
• Take it and drop it (How to Tug appropriately)
• Tricks (if time permits)
Additionally, we will teach you how to resolve common puppy problems such as lack of impulse control, potty training issues, boundary training, destructive behavior, biting, reactivity, whining in the crate when you leave the room, etc…
Age: 8-24 weeks
Duration: 1 1/2 hours per session
Duration: 5 sessions
- House Training
- Crate Training
- House Manners
- Play Biting
- Leash Training
- Come when called
- Basic Command Introduction (Sit, down, Stay, Come, Leave It, Place, drop it)
- Tricks if time allows.
This course includes:
- Training Handout(s)
- Unlimited email and phone support
Why we do not offer puppy training classes
We know you may be searching for a group class for your new puppy. We are not against group classes for puppies, in fact we highly recommend puppy play and socialization classes especially for puppies between the ages of 8-16 weeks. However, we prefer actual training and learning be conducted in an environment that is not distracting to the puppy. We work in the private session format for puppies due to the learning advantages it provides the puppy and owner.
Our Puppy Course Benefits vs Group Classes
- For many puppies, group classes may be too distracting for an effective learning environment
- With private sessions, you can start as soon as you bring your puppy home.
- We customize the training that matches your puppy’s personality. During each session, we spend a full hour discussing and training YOUR puppy rather than having to split your attention among other students in a group class.
- We can advise you on the best home setup because we are able to get a visual of your home.
- We can spend time with all of your family members including children to discuss proper puppy handling and interaction.
- We also provide socialization sessions at my home where your puppy will interact with appropriate puppies and dogs that are specifically trainer selected.