In-home Puppy Training
Puppy Foundation Course
This course is designed to start your puppy on the correct path to being a well-trained dog. We will show you how to train your puppy the proper way from the start. Through learning how to effectively train your puppy at a young age you will avoid many common problems that often appear in untrained adolescent dogs. Along with proper training implementation, we also teach you how to resolve common puppy problems such as destructive behavior, mouthing, whining in the crate, and house soiling.
Age of Puppy: 8-24 weeks
Number of Sessions: 5
Duration: First session 1 1/2 hours the other 4 sessions are 1 hour each
- House Training
- Crate Training
- House Manners
- Play Biting
- Leash Training
- Come when called
- Basic Command Introduction (Sit, down, Stay, Come, Leave It, Place, drop it) Tricks if time allows.
This course includes:
- Training Handout(s)
- Unlimited email and phone support
Why we do not offer puppy training classes
We know you may be searching for a group class for your new puppy. We are not against group classes for puppies, in fact we highly recommend puppy play and socialization classes especially for puppies between the ages of 8-16 weeks. However, we prefer actual training and learning be conducted in an environment that is not distracting to the puppy. We work in the private session format for puppies due to the learning advantages it provides the puppy and owner.
Our Puppy Course Benefits vs Group Classes
- For many puppies, group classes may be too distracting for an effective learning environment
- With private sessions, you can start as soon as you bring your puppy home.
- We customize the training that matches your puppy’s personality. During each session, we spend a full hour discussing and training YOUR puppy rather than having to split your attention among other students in a group class.
- We can advise you on the best home setup because we are able to get a visual of your home.
- We can spend time with all of your family members including children to discuss proper puppy handling and interaction.
- We also provide socialization sessions at my home where your puppy will interact with appropriate puppies and dogs that are specifically trainer selected.